The Idaho Trail Ultra Series offers two bonus challenges! These are offered IN ADDITION to the points you earn for the four series races. Same with participating in the series for points, you don’t have to register for this challenge. We’ll keep track of your progress.
50,000 ft VERTICAL CHALLENGE
The Challenge: Ascend 50,000 ft or more in at least 4 ITUS races during the 2018 season.
ITUS Race Vertical:
- Wilson Creek Frozen 50K, 7,100 ft
- Pulse Endurance Runs, To Be Announced
- Weiser River 50K, To Be Announced
- Scout Mountain 100M, 23,800 ft; 50M, 10,975 ft
- River of No Return Endurance Runs 108K, 17,000 ft; 50K, 7,800 ft
- Beaverhead Endurance Runs 100K, 12,700 ft; 55K, 5,900 ft
- Standhope 60K, 11,000 ft
- Resort to Rock 50K, 7,200 ft
- Harriman 50K, 2,100 ft
- Moscow Mountain Madness 50K, 5,500 ft
- Foothills Frenzy 50K, 5,800 ft
- Gnarly Bear 50K, 5,100 ft
The Award: Finish the challenge and you will be presented a special award (in addition to your ITUS finisher’s prize) which will be presented at the annual ITUS Party. ID208 (see below) finishers will be announced and receive their awards at the Beaverhead finish line.
Other 50,000 ft Vertical Challenge Considerations:
- No formal sign-up process, just run at least 4 events and climb 50,000ft or more and we will track your progress.
- Races completed as part of the 50,000 ft Vertical Challenge will count toward the main ITUS competition/completion (requires completion of four ITUS ultra-distance events).
IDAHO 208 CHALLENGE
100 + 108 = 208K. It’s not only (used to be) Idaho’s one area code, it’s an Idaho Trail Ultra Series bonus CHALLENGE
The Award: Finish the 208K of racing in 4 weeks, and you’ll get a special IDAHO 208K award which will be presented after you cross the finish line at Beaverhead.
Other IDAHO 208K Considerations:
- No formal sign-up process, just run 2 events and we will track your progress.
- Races completed as part of the Idaho 208K Challenge will count toward the main ITUS competition/completion which requires completion of a total of 4 ITUS ultra-distance events, and the 50,000 ft Vertical Challenge.
- The Idaho 208K challenge is also a stand-alone challenge. You can complete this challenge and receive the award without also completing the ITUS.
- Ultra distances in the ITUS other than races listed above do not count toward the Idaho 208K Challenge.