The Idaho Trail Ultra Series offers two bonus challenges! These are offered IN ADDITION to the points you earn for the four series races. Same with participating in the series for points, you don’t have to register for these challenges. We’ll keep track of your progress.
The Challenge: Run 6 of the eight ITUS 50K races during the 2017 season
Choose from the following 50K races:
Wilson Creek Frozen 50K, January 14cancelled for 2017
- Pulse Endurance Runs, March 23-25 (any timed run 31 miles or longer, only for 2017 to replace Wilson Creek)
- Weiser River 50K, April 22
- River of No Return Endurance Runs 50K, June 17
- Beaverhead Endurance Runs 55K, July 8
- Resort to Rock 50K, August 19
- Moscow Mountain Madness 50K, September 10
- Foothills Frenzy 50K, October 7
- Gnarly Bear 50K, October 14
The Award: Finish 6 of the 50Ks, and you’ll get a special 300K award (in addition to your ITUS finisher’s prize) which will be presented at the annual ITUS Party.
Other 300K Considerations:
- No formal sign-up process, just run 6 events and we will track your progress.
- Races completed as part of the 300K Challenge will count toward the main ITUS competition/completion (requires completion of four ITUS ultra-distance events).
- Other ultra-distances from the races listed above do not count toward the 300K Challenge. If you want to run the longer ultra-events and cannot run 6 of the 50Ks, consider the Idaho 208; an additional challenge involving the SMUT 100K, RONR 108K, and Beaverhead 100K (see details below).
IDAHO 208 CHALLENGE
100 + 108 = 208K. It’s not only Idaho’s one area code, it’s an Idaho Trail Ultra Series bonus CHALLENGE
The Challenge: Run the RONR 208K + EITHER the SMUT 100K OR the Beaverhead 100K. If you can handle 208K in 3 weeks, you’ll also earn Boo-Koo points towards the ITUS.
Choose from the following races:
- River of No Return Endurance Runs 108K, June 17
- Scout Mountain Ultra Trail 100K, June 3
- Beaverhead Endurance Runs 100K, July 8
The Award: Finish the 208K of racing in 3 weeks, and you’ll get a special IDAHO 208K award (in addition to your ITUS finisher’s prize) which will be presented at the conclusion of the RONR or Beaverhead races (depending on whether you complete SMUT or Beaverhead as your 100K).
Other IDAHO 208K Considerations:
- No formal sign-up process, just run 2 events and we will track your progress.
- Races completed as part of the Idaho 208K Challenge will count toward the main ITUS competition/completion, which requires completion of a total of 4 ITUS ultra-distance events.
- The Idaho 208K challenge is also a stand-alone challenge. You can complete this challenge and receive the award without also completing the ITUS.
- Ultra distances in the ITUS other than races listed above do not count toward the Idaho 208K Challenge.